February 21, 2010

Gouache and play

Tiled stairs at the San Antonio Riverwalk.

I've been looking at some old art projects and found some little journal paintings I did years ago using ink and gouache on natural kraft paper and paper bags. "Experimenting!" I realized I haven't put the effort into experimenting or simply "playing". So I'm pulling out some different mediums to play and see what happens... Art play. Yep, you got to do it. You got to just play without worrying if you're producing a picture.
A red geranium... of course

A New Orleans cemetery
A cactus at one of the missions in San Antonio, Texas

1 comment:

A Brush with Color said...

Oh, these are wonderful! I really like all of these. It's funny--I went to New Orleans for the first time, for work, this year, and I took a ton of photos of a cemetery, because I wanted to do some kind of sketch at some point, but I haven't yet. I love yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails