May 30, 2010

Discovering Artists on the Web

Occasionally I do a little web surfing to see what the other artists out in the world are up to and I just love to share their work.  I mean, sure I do what I do, but it just tickles me pink to see what others create.  So, this is Andrea Joseph you can get to her blog here.  And she does these amazing ball point pin sketches.  BALL POINT PEN!!!!  I don't live to draw, drawing is just a means for me to get to the watercolor.  But her art and fun perspective really encourages me to work on my drawing.  I just ordered my first "Zine" from her Etsy shop and can't wait to get it.


Then there's Geninne's Art Blog.  I love her spirit, her calender collages, her birds and how she seems to make every day a special moment.  There seems to be nothing mundane about this artist.  Because of her I now own a bottle of white ink.  I'm learning to be more adventurous and playful with my art.  Sometimes it seems like every piece I paint is a "WORK OF ART"  and not about playing, learning and trying new things.  Thanks Geninne for reminding me to play and explore.

3 comments:

Booklinks said...

Thank you for the great links,
I know Andreas blog, and I love her drawings too!
Have a great week,
Suzanne

Geninne said...

Thank you so much Amy, I am very honored :)

A Brush with Color said...

Wonderful work--Andrea's a huge fave of mine, too, and I'm not familiar with the rest, so it's so nice to be introduced to new artists--thanks!

Andrea is going to be doing illustrations for JK Rowling sometime soon, I think! She hinted at big things recently. She's so talented, isn't she?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails