December 4, 2008

Christmas Cards -- FINISHED!!!!

Because I'm headed out of town, I've scurrying around St. Louis trying to get a big head start on all the Christmas things I like to do - gift buying, card sending, cookie making, and so on. So last night I finished making my Christmas cards. I would post them, but I don't want to ruin the surprise for those of my family and friends that read this blog. On my flight to California I'll write my notes and send them off. I was standing in line at Hobby Lobby talking to a teacher with 12 mini Christmas trees in her hand. She was telling me she's been teaching her students the different cultural influences on Christmas. Did you know that Christmas card started in England over 150 years ago? It's times like these I really miss going to school everyday. I mean, you can really learn so much. YAY for the teachers!!! Well, I have to tell you when I got home, I did a little web search and found out about the history of Christmas cards - very fascinating and I must say, I'm glad to carry this English Christmas tradition on - besides, we have a traditional English meal every year at Christmas.
But for those of you whom I have not met in person and would like a Christmas card from me, I would LOVE to send you one. Just e-mail me your address if you feel comfortable with that. My e-mail is amy@geramyum.com. I don't collect addresses, save them, sell them or anything like that. However, if you don't feel comfortable with that, I will e-mail you a copy of the card. I'm one of those people who LOVE receiving and sending mail so this is really fun for me.

1 comment:

sue said...

It amazes me that your blog doesn't have tons of comments here--your work is just lovely.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails