October 24, 2007

St. Louis and Mary Engelbreit

Back in the spring of 2002 just months before I moved to Los Angeles I flew to St. Louis to visit my brother who was in seminary. He had a friend who worked for Mary Engelbreit and arranged a tour of her studios where her magazine "Home Companion" is put together. It was certainly a highlight of my life. I even got to hold an original piece of her art work and made my brother do the same - he had no clue about how lucky he was to hold her art in his hands. I told him he would regret it if he didn't do it. He held her pencil sketch reluctantly then carefully handed it to his friend. It was on our way out that we ran into MARY ENGELBREIT. I was so excited, I was speechless. All I could say was how nice it was to meet her and how much I really liked her magazine and art... she must hear that a thousand times a day. Well, now that I'm moving to the city of Mary Engelbreit maybe I'll get a second chance to say something better... who knows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree with you. I learned about Mary through a friend/neighbor when I lived in Foristell,Mo. St.Charles County. I loved her art since about same time as you. My home has many of her ideas. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails