October 30, 2007

LIM

Living In The Moment --- the theme of my friend Autumn's first book for young adults entitled Carpe Diem. Last night I was determined to finish this book not because it was difficult to get through - but lately I've had so little time to read and I missed my new friend Vassar Spore - the protagonist of this fabulous adventure. I was so pleased with this story, but beyond being a good read, it really spoke to me and made me think at how life really should be an adventure and not an ever growing list of things to do and achieve. Read it! Read it!!!!
"Let each of us examine his thoughts; he will find them wholly concerned with the past or the future. We almost never think of the present, and if we do think of it, is it only to see what light it throws on our plans for the future. The present is never without end. The past and the present are our means, the future alone our end. Thus we never actually live, and since we are always planning how to be happy, it is inevitable that we should never be so." - Pascal's Pensees (the epilogue of Carpe Diem)

1 comment:

autumn cornwell said...

Thanks for your continued support, Amy! (And I thought the "Yippy for Autumn" banner was encouraging!)

YOU ROCK!

Autumn

P.S. As I mentioned, though, I wish you weren't moving!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails